This new Eggplant Parmesan Zucchini Casserole is full of fresh vegetables, vegan, gluten free and the perfect comfort food. With amazing flavors from only 6 ingredients, this easy recipe will become a staple in your kitchen.
- 2 eggplants
- 2 zucchinis
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 15 oz tomato sauce or my version
- 1 batch white sauce from my Best Vegan Moussaka
- 1 batch Vegan Parmesan
- good pinch of salt and pepper
- Make the white sauce according the directions from my Moussaka recipe. Add the chopped garlic. If you have concerns using oil (olive oil is really healthy and good fat) just replace the amount with vegetable broth. But it won’t turn out as rich as with oil. Note: if you want your sauce really smooth, just put it in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Next and already last step: After the sauce is prepared and the eggplant and zucchinis are sliced, you’re ready to start assembling. Put some white sauce on the bottom of your casserole. Follow this with a layer of eggplant slices, don’t forget to season with salt and pepper, otherwise it will turn out bland. Add tomato sauce, sprinkle some vegan parm and a layer of zucchini slices. Again, season with salt and pepper.
- Get full recipe==>>contentednesscooking.com