Nutrient-packed cauliflower forms the base of this low-calorie, gluten-free bread that's topped with cheesy goodness.
- 1 head cauliflower about 2 pounds
- 1 large egg or 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used reduced fat Cheddar Jack), divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning or mix of dried herbs
- Salt and pepper
- Marinara sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove the outer leaves from the cauliflower and cut it into florets. Place them in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is finely chopped and looks like rice.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a microwave-safe dish or bowl. Cover and cook in the microwave for 10 minutes. Alternatively, you can steam the cauliflower in a steamer basket or bake it in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>thefoodiephysician.com