Enjoy the flavors of a BLT sans bun with our lettuce wrap version which encases savory bacon in a refreshing blanket of lettuce and tomatoes. A smear of lemon aioli escalates lettuce wraps to another level. Serve with a hardboiled egg for more calories and protein.
- 4 slices (40 grams) uncooked center-cut bacon (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/2 medium (30 grams) lemon
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) reduced-fat mayonnaise (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 4 large basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 large Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 medium (180 grams) Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large (50 grams each) hardboiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Cook bacon until desired doneness. Set aside on paper towels so excess fat can drain.
- Grate 1/4 teaspoon zest from the lemon into a small bowl. Squeeze about 1 teaspoon lemon juice in bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and basil.
- Get full recipe==>>blog.myfitnesspal.com