Easy Vegetarian Mexican Rice – serve is as a side or as main dish with tacos, burritos & more. Vegan & gluten-free.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons yellow corn
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 cup crushed canned tomatoes
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth or water
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Rinse and soak rice in enough water for 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add chopped red onion and cook for a minute. Then add chopped jalapeno and cook for a minute.
- Get full recipe==>>cookwithmanali.com