Cereal is a traditional beginner food, but consider skipping rice cereal (which has some safety concerns) in favor of other nutritious grains. Classic oats are quick cooking and comforting, as well as a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals in your baby's diet. Try swirling in a sweet fruit puree, such as prunes or bananas.
This recipe is intended for babies 6 months and up.
- ¼ cup (1 oz/30 g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 4 pitted prunes (dried plums)
- Place the oats in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the ground oats and 1 cup (8 fl oz/250 ml) water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer the oats, stirring constantly with a whisk, until the mixture thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>babycenter.com