A wonderful, buttery, herb seasoning rub helps to create this tender, juicy Herb Roasted Turkey. The perfect centerpiece for your holiday table!
- 1 12 to 18 pound whole turkey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small yellow onion quartered
- 1 carrot cut into chunks
- 4 cups chicken broth divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Remove the turkey from it's packaging and place it on a foil lined baking sheet or cutting board. Remove and discard the organs from both turkey cavities. Pat the turkey dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combine softened butter, olive oil, garlic powder, sage, thyme, salt, and black pepper. Carefully lift skin on breasts of turkey and push your hand in, lifting skin from breast. Scoop up some of the butter mixture with your hand and spread it under the skin of both turkey breasts. Spread most of the remaining butter mixture over the outside of the turkey; reserve a little for later. Stuff onion and carrot into turkey cavity. Transfer the turkey to a rack in a large roasting pan. Spread the remainder of the butter mixture over the turkey in places that might have been missed. Tuck wings securely under the body. Pour about 2 cups of the chicken broth into the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Get full recipe==>>fromvalerieskitchen.com