This roasted apple and squash salad with pomegranate vinaigrette are great for christmas and new year.
Ingredients:For the dressing:
- 2 tsp walnut, almond, or olive oil
- 1 tsp raw honey (or a pinch of stevia to make it vegan)
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar (dark or white both work)
- 2 tbsp pomegranate juice (you can make your own from a fresh pomegranate using this method, or use a bottled pomegranate juice
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
For the rest:
- 1 firm and slightly tart apple (crispin or honeycrisp are ideal!)
- 1 delicata squash, seeded and cut into rings
- 1 tsp each dried thyme and oregano
- 1 tsp olive oil (or spray in a mister)
- 6 cups rainbow chard, chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds/pepitas, raw or roasted
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Core the apple and chop it into bite-sized chunks. Slice the squash cross-wise into rings about 1cm thick, scraping out any seeds with a knife or spoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil and scatter the apples and squash on top. Spray lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with thyme and oregano.
- Get full recipe==>>eat-spin-run-repeat.com