This avocado chocolate mousse cake is very easily done and and is sure to wow your guests and loved ones. It contains no refined sugars or dairy.
Ingredients:For the base:
- 125g (1 cup) almonds
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp dark maple syrup, or sweetener of your preference
For the cream:
- 450g (1lb) avocado pulp, about 4 medium ripe avocados
- 250ml (1 cup) dark maple syrup
- 125ml (1/2 cup) cold water
- 100g (1 cup) medjool dates, pitted
- 8 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Place all the ingredients for the base into a food processor and pulse until combined. Don't over process it or it will turn into a paste, you still want some crunch in it and the base to hold together. Transfer it into a loose bottom tin and flatten it out evenly. I prefer loose bottom tins because it is so much easier to get cake out of them, especially no-bake cakes. The base will seem crumbly and rather sticky but don't worry, once it's frozen it will hold together very nicely. Transfer the form into the freezer and proceed with the cream.
- Half the avocados, remove the stones and scoop the flesh into the bowl of a food processor. Make sure the avocados are ripe. If you are unsure about how ripe they are you can look at this post. Remove the pits from the dates and add them with the rest of the cream ingredients into the bowl. Process for several minutes until perfectly blended. Depending on your avocados and dates you might need a few more spoons of water. The consistency should be silky smooth.
- Get full recipe==>>thegreedyvegan.com