This Halloween Toxic Waste Mac and Cheese is disgustingly delicious and actually quite healthy. It's perfect for Halloween and the kids won't mind eating it!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 Cups milk or half & half (I used unsweetened cashew milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 Ounces Vermont sharp white cheddar cheese
- Package frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- green food coloring (optional)
- 1 Pound box pasta, cooked and drained (I used medium shells)
- 1 head fresh caulflower (steamed**)
- Melt butter in a large pan/Dutch oven over medium-low heat.
- Add the flour and whisk to combine. Simmer, stirring constantly for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and whisk to combine and remove all lumps.
- Get full recipe==>>cookingwithcurls.com