Healthy Homemade Oil Free Quinoa (not) Fried Rice with Homemade Peanut Stir Fry Sauce.
- 2 to 3 cups of cooked quinoa (learn how to make the best quinoa here)
- 3 carrots, chopped (190g)
- 1 stalk of broccoli (166g)
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced (105g)
- 1 zucchinni, cubed (150g)
- 1/2 of a red onion, chopped (90g)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (7g)
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth for sauteing (120g)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- dash of salt and pepper
For oil free stir fry sauce:
- 1/4 cup of vegetable broth (60g) (or water works too but veg broth is more flavorful)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, tamari sauce, or coconut aminos (22g) (read labels to ensure gluten free if necessary)
- 1 tablespoon agave (or maple syrup) (16g)
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (24g)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced (7g)
- If you don’t already have cooked quinoa ready, start with that. You can see this post where I break down how to make fluffy quinoa and there’s a video, too! (one cup dry quinoa + 1.25 cups of water = will yield around 2 cups cooked).
- Sautee the veggies – in a medium saucepan (preferrably non stick), add all chopped veggies. I like to sautee the harder veggies first (carrots, broccoli, red bell pepper), and then I add the softer veggies (zucchinni, garlic, onion). Saute using 1/4 cup of veg broth (and add more as needed). Add powdered spices at this time and saute until veggies are soft and tender. Usually takes around 10 to 15 minutes.
- Get full recipe==>>sproutingzen.com