This slow cooker Moroccan Chickpea Stew is made with tons of aromatic spices, butternut squash and red lentils for a hearty, plant-based dinner!
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 small butternut squash peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pure tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper + more as needed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- to serve:
- cooked quinoa
- coconut yogurty
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Stir together to combine, then cover and cook on high for 3 - 4 hours (or 6 - 7 hours on low).
- For a thicker stew, remove the cover with 1 hour left in cooking.
- Get full recipe==>>simplyquinoa.com