This 20-Minute Shrimp and Broccoli Lo Mein is one of our weeknight favorites. So much better than take-out!
- (1) 8 oz. package lo mein noodles (I found them in the ethnic foods section of our grocery store)
- Juice of 1 large lime, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 Teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, not thawed
- 1 cup frozen red bell pepper strips, not thawed
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste, if needed (the soy sauce has a lot of sodium, so taste before you add any to the finished product)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once the water reaches a rolling boil, add in the lo mein noodles and cook for 3-4 minutes, or according to package instructions.
- While you wait for the water to boil, prepare your sauce:
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, ginger, and 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil; whisk well to combine. Set aside until needed.
- Get full recipe==>>bakerbynature.com