This classic creamy fish chowder uses simple ingredients and tastes like restaurant quality.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 pound red potatoes (3 med), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound skinless fish fillets (cod, haddock, or pollock), cut into 1/2- inch pieces
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- green onions or chives as a garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, place it on a plate, and crumble once it is has cooled. Set aside.
- Add the onions to the bacon drippings in the pan and cook until the onions are soft, about 3-5 minutes. Deglaze the pan by adding about 1/2 cup of the water. As the liquid bubbles and simmers, scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release the flavor infused brown bits.
- Get full recipe==>>growagoodlife.com