The BEST Thai curry I've ever had! Not too spicy, healthy, and full of flavor. Ready in 25 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or substitute extra-virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil)
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (or in a pinch, 2–3 teaspoons ground ginger)
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 6 small/medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (about 2 cups)
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and sliced
- 2 (14-ounce) cans light coconut milk
- 2–4 teaspoons coconut sugar, brown sugar, or turbinado sugar
- 1 (15-ounce) can reduced-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce (or tamari to make the recipe gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Prepared brown rice or quinoa, for serving
- Heat a large pot such as a Dutch oven over medium.
- Once hot, add the coconut oil and onion. Sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger and let cook 30 seconds, then add the red curry paste and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and let cook 1 additional minute.
- Get full recipe==>>wellplated.com