Light and flaky Gluten Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits. Simple drop biscuits that are super easy to throw together, and taste just like the famous Red Lobster Biscuits. Perfect for any meal!
- 2 cups (280 g) all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 1/4 cup (36 g) cornstarch (or try arrowroot)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 ounces sharp yellow cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 8 tablespoons (112 g) unsalted butter, cold and shredded
- 1 cup (8 fluid ounces) buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, xanthan gum, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, and whisk to combine well. Add the grated cheese, shredded butter, and 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley, and toss to coat. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the buttermilk. Mix gently, just until the dough begins to come together. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces, roll each gently into a ball, flatten lightly into a dish about 3/4 of an inch thick and place about 2-inches apart from one another on the prepared baking sheet. Place the biscuits in the freezer to chill until firm (about 10 minutes).
- Get full recipe==>>glutenfreeonashoestring.com