A vegan-friendly recipe made with hummus-based sauce instead of heavy cream! This pasta dish is a healthy, fiber, and protein-packed dinner for any night of the week!
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta*
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flake
- 3/4 cup Sabra sun-dried tomato hummus
- salt, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add minced shallot, and cook until softened, or about 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, and cook another 30 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat, and add vodka.
- Get full recipe==>>sinfulnutrition.com