Easy lasagna soup recipe -has all the delicious flavors of homemade lasagna without all the work! The perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage casing removed
- 1 32-ounce container chicken stock
- 2 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2-3 Tablespoons freshly chopped basil more to taste
- 8 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese optional
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Ricotta cheese for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add in the sausage (break up with a wooden spoon) and cook until browned.
- Drain any excess grease and then add in chicken stock, tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Stir until combined and then add the oregano, Italian seasoning and basil.
- Bring to a light boil and then add in the noodles.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the noodles are tender.
- Get full recipe==>>iheartnaptime.net