These Kolachy Cookies are a traditional Hungarian Christmas Cookie made with a cream cheese dough and stuffed with fruit. You will love this traditional Christmas cookie recipe and will find yourself making it year after year!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter at room temperature
- 8 oz. cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar plus more for dusting
- 1 can crushed pineapple drained very well
- or whatever you like!
- Cream together butter and cream cheese, until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt, mixing until incorporated. Roll dough into two balls and covered with plastic wrap. Chill for at least two hours.
- Remove from fridge and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with silpats or parchment paper.Prepare filling by mixing the powdered sugar with the cream cheese.
- Roll out one ball of dough until very thin. You want it to be as thin as you can make it.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut your dough into a big square, removing the edges. Then cut your big square into small 2 by 2 squares.
- On the diagonal, smear a bit of cream cheese then pineapple. Fold one edge in and then the other, sealing with water.
- Bake on baking sheet for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with powdered sugar.