A low carb but not low fat version of a quiche using meat as a crust. Its actually pretty tasty and can definitely be used during an induction phase of a low carb diet.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 -2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs, beaten
- garlic powder, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and onion powder in a large skillet over medium heat, drain off fat.
- Mix together eggs, cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, pepper and shredded cheddar cheese.
- Put browned beef into a 9 inch pie plate, pour remaining ingredients over the beef.
- Place in a preheated 350 degree oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.